Student Posts

Friday, January 30, 2015

Superbowl Sunday!

I've got my reserved Superbowl seat for Sunday's game.  I'll be waited on hand and foot.  (The fellas in my house think I helped with the last 2 minutes of the last game day)!  Truthfully, I'll probably be reading/listening to an audiobook or watching my vampire show on my mini screen.  To each his own...

On that thought, we've been working more and more with students creating and responding with their own choices.  We have scientists, dancers, football players, musicians, etc...all in the making in our student body.

Kindergarten students used Follett Shelf from our library website to access eBooks of their choice to read or have read to them.

First Grade had their second opportunity to create a scene using drawing tools.  This week, we really focused on the conventions of writing (proper use of spaces, capitals and punctuation).




Second Grade also read eBooks again.  This time they read from the Mackin Via eBooks.  They all took an Acclerated Reader quiz to boot!

Third & Fourth Grade answered a new blog post of mine.
If you were given 5 minutes to get out of your house, what is the one thing you would take first besides a person/animal?  Answer in one paragraph. 
How did you get it?  
Why is it valuable to you?  
How long have you had it?  
What does it look like?
Label your title "Treasure".

The posts are entertaining and insightful.  We'll be working on conventions and adding a picture to that post next week.